A photography workshop geared to giving you greater control of your DSLR camera
Are you ready to take the next step and develop some great skills with your camera?
Or perhaps you have just purchased your camera, and want to get it right, from the start.
Are you keen to take amazing shots, but aren’t quite sure how to put all of those functions to their best use?
Perhaps you’re thinking about buying more gear – but you are hesitant in case it isn’t really what you need?
Join Rick for a ‘Get Camera Confident” workshop and get to know your camera – and what it can do. Learn the principles that underlie all great photography, and understand how to turn this into a system you can apply to ANY shot.
This course will NOT make you a master in a day….but it will answer your questions and get you on the way to exploring your camera’s potential with greater confidence.
With a small group, personalised approach, you’ll have fun and learn lots!
What You’ll Learn
This photography workshop is designed both for those new to photography, or for the serious amateur ready to take the next step. Tasmania has great locations, and we make the most of them!
Spend the day getting to know the basics and theory while putting into practice what you have learned. This way we ensure the theory “sticks.” After completing this photography workshop with Rick, you will leave with an understanding of:
- Your camera – know where to find the essential settings and features
- Mastering exposure:
- Aperture, shutter speed, and how to combine them.
- Shooting Manually.
- Understanding ISO, and how to set ISO sensitivity.
- Insight into your camera’s light meter.
- Understanding the histogram.
- Fixing common problems.
- Understanding white balance.
- Focus techniques:
- Autofocus modes.
- Focus on a stationary subject.
- Focusing on moving subjects.
- Manual focus and depth of field.
- Shallow depth of field.
Lens selection & Accessories:
- How does a lens work?
- Choosing the right lens.
- Focal length.
- Essential accessories.
- Compositional tips – eg the rule of thirds, and other tips!
- Developing a ‘photographic eye’ – the art of photography.
Time: 9.30 am – 3.30 pm on selected dates. This may vary slightly depending on participation levels. All venues have undercover areas so weather will not affect this workshop.
What you will need for this photography workshop:
- Your camera.
- Any lenses that you own.
- Lens hood (if you have one).
- Tripod (if you have one).
- Memory Card.
- Any camera accessories you may have.
- Fully charged camera battery and spare (if you have one).
- Your camera’s manual – for those hard to find features.
- Dress should be casual & comfortable, with sensible non-slip footwear.