The Focusing Techniques Masterclass is offered because people often find that even after they have mastered the basic settings of their camera, focusing correctly is still a challenge.
There is so much more to focusing than simply pressing the shutter release button and hoping your photograph is sharp and in focus. In this masterclass, you’ll learn the correct focus techniques, no matter what the occasion or subject matter is.
Join Rick to:
- Learn how to address common focusing issues
- Understand why focusing one way is better than another, depending on the scene or subject
- Tips for taking sharper images, with and without a tripod
Join this workshop (available as part of a group on selected dates OR as an individual lesson) and master the skills needed to get in focus, sharp photos.
*Understanding how auto focus works
*Understanding and confidently using manual focus
*Image stabilisation/vibration reduction – when should you use it?
*When to use auto focus vs manual focus
*How to avoid blurry pictures -the causes of, and how to avoid motion blur, camera shake, and out of focus blur
*DSLR focus modes – which modes to use when?
*AF points and auto focus areas – selecting the right focus points for the subject
*Live view focusing
*Double the distance focusing
*Using a depth of field calculator
Time: 9.30 am – 3.30 pm on selected dates. This may vary slightly depending on participation levels. All venues have undercover areas so weather will not affect this workshop.
What you will need for this photography workshop:
- Your camera.
- Any lenses that you own.
- Lens hood (if you have one).
- Tripod (if you have one).
- Memory Card.
- Any camera accessories you may have.
- Fully charged camera battery and spare (if you have one).
- Your camera’s manual
- Dress should be casual & comfortable, with sensible non-slip footwear.
This is NOT a beginner’s class. You should be very familiar with your camera’s features – see our Photography Essentials workshop for an indication of the skills you need to have in order to benefit from this masterclass.